Thursday, December 13, 2018

Shoot!

I don't consider myself an photography aficionado, but I cannot deny I find pleasure in shooting family and whatever crosses my path. In the more than ten years that I own a Canon 350D DSLR I have gathered quite a library of pictures of family, martial arts training and the occasional holiday. So far, there are four pictures precious to me.

A concert of klezmer band Di Gojim, in the Houtmansplantsoen, Gouda (2006).
This one captured the mood of the performance quite well. I was awarded 3rd prize in the photography contest of local newspaper Goudse Post.

Miko of Hisaizu Shrine, Koshigaya, Japan (2006)
Training in the Miko Dojo, when visiting Japan I was determined to shoot a shrine maid, or miko. Tracking the girl with my camera, I had forgotten to switch off my camera's image stabilisation, with disastrous effect. Technically, this one is a failure, but I really like the swirly effect here.
Buddhist temple, Koshigaya, Japan (2006)
 This cat caught my attention, and acted like a model, willing to pose for me.

 Chapel of Marie, Udenhout (2017)
Shot with a long exposure time, this picture froze the interior, leaving the visitors as ghostly passengers. For me, it has a strong association of Mother Marie as a rock in the tide of time, with mortal humans coming and going like waves on the beach.

No comments: